The Shoalhaven area is full of picturesque beaches, and is the perfect spot to enjoy a holiday.
In the Summer of 2019/2020, a lot of the area was devastated by fires. Then with COVID, the area has been really struggling as they rely heavily on tourism!
In February 2021 my family and I went on a glorious holiday in Jervis Bay and it was perfect. A family holiday that we will always remember!
I would recommend everyone to go on a holiday or weekend getaway to the Shoalhaven area, it is a pristine piece of paradise.
There is a Shoalhaven Challenge (shoalhaven.com) that can guide you to the perfect holiday. It gives you plenty of ideas to encourage you to help the area bounce back from all the devastation they have experienced. Some of the activities include:
- Dine out for dinner 💜
- Buy a locally produced souvenir 💜
- Support a local artist 💜
- Buy local produce and small goods💜
- Visit a local pub or winery💜
- Buy a coffee each morning
- Visit the local markets💜
- Attend a local event 💜
- Visit a museum💜
- Book a mid-week stay💜
- Book a guided tour💜
- Watch a movie at the local cinema
- Play a game of barefoot bowls or ten pin bowling💜
- Visit the local pools💜
- Play a game of golf or mini golf
- Buy a local gift vouchers for a present
- Try a local workshop or class💜
- Visit a new beach💜
- Try something completely out of your comfort zone💜
- Encourage family and friends to visit the Shoalhaven 💜
- Share photos of your adventure #shoalhaven💜
All the ones with 💜 are the ones we have managed to achieve.
We have already made another booking for 2022. I hope that you get a chance to enjoy a wonderful holiday in the Shoalhaven, it is well worth it. See how many of the challenges that you can achieve during your holiday.