I have a creative and practical way of displaying and storing my earring collection!
I will show you the the steps of how to make this earring holder artwork. It is easy and only takes a couple of hours.
Materials you will need:
- Picture frame
- Fabric of your choice
- Spray paint
- Chicken wire
- Small screwdriver
- Staple gun
- Wire cutter
- Spray adhesive
- Pinking shears
1. Discard the glass from your photo frame, and remove the backing board.
2. Spray the frame in your desired colour. I chose a similar colour to the fabric I am using. Leave to dry.
3. Cut the fabric slightly bigger than the backing board using the pinking shears, which helps stop fraying. Spray the backing board with spray adhesive. Lay the fabric upon the board flat, being careful to press out any bubbles. Leave to dry for a few minutes.
4. Cut the chicken wire with the wire cutters slightly bigger than your frame.
5. Lay the chicken wire over the backing board. Using the pliers, bend the overlaying wire around the backing board pulling firmly so it remains taught. Once that is completed, I went around all the corners and edges with the hammer to flatten them to ensure they are tight. Cut off any excess wire behind the board with the wire cutters.
6. Undo the rope that holds the frame up. Just pull the staples out with your small flat screw driver on one side only. Now you are ready to place the backing board back into frame. It will be a tight fit, so do one side at a time.
7.. Then re-staple your rope for hanging with the staple gun.
8. Cut off any excess fabric or wire. Your earring artwork is ready to hang your earrings on.
I hope this inspires you to make your own earring holder. Send me photos of your finished artwork. I would love to see it!