Wonder Woman is the most famous heroine of all time. Wonder Woman was known as Diana Prince and was created in 1941 and published on DC comics. She has super human strength and speed, also a bullet proof bracelet and a golden lasso of truth. She would spin to change her image to Wonder Woman. Her mission was to promote peace.
Lynda Carter played Diana Prince, in the Wonder Woman series from November 1975 to September 1979. This TV version is what most people recognise as Wonder Woman. Lynda Carter’s performance portrayed the characters goodness.
Over the years, the franchise of Wonder Woman was portrayed in comics, tv series and movies. There are dolls of Wonder Woman, as well as clothing.
My Wonder Woman Doll
I brought some jeans and a denim jacket and wanted to change them so I brought some Wonder Woman fabric from spotlight.
Denim jacket, jeans and Wonder Woman fabric
- Firstly I turned the jeans into capris to get the rockabilly look
- Then I cut out and pinned the fabric onto the jacket and hemmed the edges of the fabric. I chose to put a panel on the back of the jacket and 2 smaller ones on the top panels on the front of the jacket
3. Sew the material onto the jacket. Sew it slowly to make sure it is perfect.
4. Next pin the fabric onto the jeans. I did 2 panels to cover the back 2 pockets and 2 panels to cover the front 2 pockets, hemming the fabric under as I pinned it.
5. Slowly sew the panels onto the jeans
6. With the excess material I also made a 50s skirt, I will have a future blog showing step by step how to make a 50s skirt.
7. There was still excess material so I made a head band. I will also do a future blog showing step by step on how to make a headband.
Top: Front and back of denim jacket
Middle: Front and back of jeans
Bottom: 50s skirt and headband
Have you ever revamped an outfit. I would love to see it! Send me photos of your revamped outfit.
Ridiculously Retro Xx