My brooches were starting to overflow out of there storage boxes and it was getting harder to find the right one everyday. I needed a new option.
I needed a clever idea to make it easier to locate the best brooch to compliment my outfit. Instead, I created some of my own and here they are!
1. Display your brooches on a mannequin torso
This is a great idea to display your collection, for both function and as a decor item. The only issue is it only works for brooches like this….
… where you have a pin going into a safety head. It does not work for pins like this…
with a straight pin and seperate clasp.
2. Display brooches on your favourite cushion
Grab your favourite cushion and pin on your brooches. This allows easy access again! You can leave it on your bedroom chair as a display.
3. Display brooches on a retro foot stool
Attach your brooches onto a retro foot stool and once again it allows easy access and looks great. Of course the foot stool will not be able to be used as it’s intended use anymore! Also, this idea will only work with safety pin brooches!
4. Display your brooches in a vintage suitcase
Line a suitcase with a pillow or fabric and foam. You can attach the pins and it is a great designer piece to display your collection. If your suitcase has a thick lid then do the same to the lid. This allows for double the storage for your collection. Maybe you will need to buy more!!
5. Display your brooches on your pin board.
Get a cute fabric pin board that will allow you to display all your brooches. I will be doing a future blog on how to make a vintage style pin board, so keep your eye out!! This idea will only work with safety pin brooches.
6. Display your brooches on a scarf
You can hang your scarf on a hook or a vintage mannequin head. If you have a large brooch collection then you can use more than one scarf!
7. Display your brooches on a vintage wooden ladder
Image from Pinterest
This particular image displays earrings, but you could easily use it for brooches! They have just attached chicken wire to the back of the ladder. Another idea would be to staple fabric to the back of the ladder and attach your brooches to the front side.
8. Display your brooches in a tackle box
This box is available at any fishing shop! I think this is a great idea to keep my brooches safe in and allows easy access. And you can just keep buying more boxes as your collection grows!
9. Other ideas
- Buy or make dividers for your drawer
- Attach them on a lampshade
- Attach them on an old clothing item and hang it on display
- Glue strips of ribbon to a pole and hang off the wall & attach brooches
- Attach brooches on an old soft toy and place it on display
The possibilities are endless……
What ideas do you have? How do you store or display your brooches? I would love to hear about it.