Brooches have been worn throughout history:
- Celtic brooches were used as cloak fasteners
- Aigrette brooches worn in the 17th century
- En Tremblant brooches worn in 18th century
- Mourning brooches worn for sentimental purposes
- Grand Tour brooches worn to represent social status
- Cameo brooches (that I love and trying to find one for me) date back to ancient times
- Love brooches were given to soldiers in WW1
I have only started with my love of brooches in the last 8 months. But I have added to my collection and am still adding. It is very important to me that my brooch is either colour coordinated with my outfit or the theme goes with my outfit. I am known as the coordinating queen!!!
Some brooches can make an outfit a standout piece.
There is a wide variety of brooches available and your flower hair clips are also used as brooches.
The above picture of the three brooches are some of my favourite brooches. The lucky brooch matches my handbag and wallet set. The Coordinating Queen!!!
Erst Wilder has some amazing brooches. I have been lucky to purchase two at Round She Goes Market Marrickvile. I want to purchase more at the next market.
You will love the look of all the varying brooches available. I hope you love brooches as much as I now love them. They are a rockabilly accessory. Send me photos of your brooches, I look forward to seeing them!
Ridiculously Retro Xx